The Programme aims to promote safer working environments, better workplace rehabilitation, and reduce workplace injury claim costs and premiums.
ACC premium discounts may be provided when your business meets certain criteria and is able to manage the Programme to audited guidelines. In summary, your business must:
- Meet the ACC audit standards for workplace safety and be able to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to maintaining these standards
- Demonstrate employee involvement in injury prevention and management process
- Have active injury management procedures covering rehabilitation and return to work
- Have systems and processes in place to ensure injured employees can access their legal entitlements
- Demonstrate financial solvency
- Be able to meet the claims data reporting and electronic transfer requirements.
You receive a premium discount recognising the responsibility to undertake the provision of case and claims management, injury prevention and rehabilitation of your employees' workplace injuries. This is agreed for a set claims management period of either 1 or 2 years.
Under the Full Self Cover Plan, an agreement is signed with ACC to take responsibility for the full cost and management of providing the injured employee with the entitlements as set out in the Accident Insurance Act 1998. You are responsible for providing these entitlements for a pre-determined fixed claims management period. The agreement covers a claims management period for a minimum of 24 months and a maximum of 60 months.
Please refer to our ACC Partnership Programme Case Studies and the Applications page.