Looking to measure and manage your carbon? Then Tier 1 – Carbon Managed is a great place to start.
For Carbon Managed verification you need to measure and manage the carbon emissions from your business activities and set clear policies for their ongoing management and future reduction.
This verification needs to include at least Scope 1 and 2 emissions into the greenhouse gas inventory. Organisations wishing to proceed to Tier II – Carbon Neutral at a later date should consider including Scope 3 emissions in their assertion statement up front.
Organizations may choose to stay on Tier I when they are measuring, managing and reducing their carbon emissions, or progress to Tier II if they are also wishing to reduce and offset their emissions to zero net emissions.
BENEFITS OF CARBON MANAGED
- Save money through measuring and managing your resources to reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.
- Independent verification gives your employees, stakeholders, suppliers and customers confidence in your “green credentials”, claimed or otherwise.
- Provide a competitive advantage in an environmentally aware marketplace.
- Positive consumer sentiment.
- Display the highly recognized Telarc Registered Logo.
- Confidence through the integrity and validity of the Telarc approach to Greenhouse Gas Verification.
Follow this link for more information on Tier I Carbon Managed