Policy - Verify - Measure - Manage - Reduce - Offset
Tier II – Carbon Neutral verification is for those organisations that reduce and offset their emissions to zero net emissions or “Carbon Neutral”.
BENEFITS OF CARBON NEUTRAL
- Operate as a Carbon Neutral entity.
- Independent verification gives your employees, stakeholders, suppliers and customers confidence in your “Carbon Neutral” statements.
- Provide a competitive advantage in an environmentally aware marketplace.
- Positive consumer sentiment.
- Display the highly recognised Telarc Registered Logo.
- Confidence in the integrity and validity of the Telarc approach to Greenhouse Gas Verification.
SCOPE OF EMISSIONS
Tier II - Carbon Neutral certified organizations will need to include Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions into their greenhouse gas inventory:
Scope 1 – Direct emissions
Scope 2 – Purchased energy emissions
Scope 3 – All other indirect emissions
Organisations managing their greenhouse emissions will also need to demonstrate their commitment to a continued and material reduction in emissions, assessed by Telarc during the annual verification audits.
Unavoidable emissions will need to be offset to make the “Carbon Neutral” claim. Telarc will only accept offsets that have been purchased using the UNFCCC internationally recognized and verified offsets and Gold Standard offsets.
Telarc can verify and certify organizations for Tier II - Carbon Neutral that have:
- Counted Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions
- Put in place substantial reduction programmes
- Offset any unavoidable emissions to a zero net balance.
The “Carbon Neutral” program enables your organization to demonstrate your commitment to climate change with a logo showing you have been independently assessed against the international standard.