- A food business depends on the integrity of its food safety management system.
- Reassure your customers in New Zealand and overseas that they are dealing with a supplier who has a sound food safety system.
- Food safety audits can be integrated with other management system audits, to save on time and costs.
KEEP YOUR FOOD/ FOOD CONTACT PACKAGING BUSINESS IN GOOD HEALTH
Food Safety Management Systems put procedures in place to help prevent food-borne illnesses. Food-borne illness can be catastrophic – not only for consumers, but also for businesses and suppliers in the food industry.
Did you know?
The total cost to the New Zealand society due to foodborne transmission of disease directly or subsequently due to Campylobacter, Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli, Yersinia enterocolitica and Norovirus is estimated to be approximately $86 million. Source – Risk Ranking: Estimates Of The Cost Of Foodborne Disease For New Zealand, Peter Cressey and Dr Rob Lake, March 2008.
Food safety management systems can help prevent costly food recalls from things such as Foreign Matter, Allergens, Chemicals and quality.
Did you know?
The number of total food recalls within New Zealand recorded by the New Zealand Food Safety Authority (NZFSA) between 2001 and 2009 was 189. See http://www.foodsmart.govt.nz/food-safety/recalls/statistics/ for more details.
TELARC PROVIDES AUDITS FOR:
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) for Food Contact Packaging
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems on behalf of SAI Global
HACCP Certification Covers:
- Identify hazards, assess risk and list controls
- Determine critical control points
- Specify criteria to ensure control
- Establish monitoring system for control points
- Take corrective action whenever monitoring indicates criteria are not met
- Verify that the system is working as planned
- Keep suitable records
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems:
- Is applicable for all organisations through and across the food supply chain
- Embodies and maintains the Codex Alimentarius HACCP Principles
- Is a full food safety management system – exceeding the requirements of HACCP
- Does NOT replace an organisation’s need for ISO9001:2008, as it does not address all ISO requirements for ‘quality’.
For Telarc customers with bundled services including Exemption audits, the NZFSA Exemption audits will be sub-contracted to AsureQuality by Telarc.
To arrange for a Food Safety Assessment please phone 0800 004 004