- A good safety record is critical for public reputation and staff morale
- Telarc certification provides positive evidence of your commitment to sound practices
- Our assessments help you to achieve and maintain appropriate safety standards
LIVING UP TO YOUR OBLIGATIONS
The Health and Safety Employment Act 1992 requires businesses and organisations to provide a safe and healthy workplace for their employees and visitors.
UNQUESTIONABLE PROOF THAT YOU'RE MEETING STANDARDS
Telarc OSH certification provides clear evidence of your commitment to sound health and safety practices. We audit across a wide range of Health & Safety criteria, to cater for every type and size of business.
AUDITING PROCESS ASSISTS COMPLIANCE
After a Telarc audit, you’ll receive an independent, authoritative and impartial report that will help you to maintain the health and safety standards required by your chosen criteria, which are appropriate for your organisation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY IN ACTION
Health and safety in the workplace is more than just commonsense. Steps must be taken - and be seen to be taken – to ensure that employees, contractors and visitors:
- Are safe at work
- Are alerted to all hazards
- Are informed about the hazards, emergency procedures, identifying and managing hazards and the location of safety equipment
- Are trained to work safely
- Do not harm others
Find an OSH certification programme that fits
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 - this standard will help you to establish, implement a system, and continually improve your occupational health and safety management. It is appropriate for businesses of any size. It is easily integrated with your existing ISO 9001 Quality or ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards.
OHSAS 18001 - this is the European equivalent to AS/NZS 4801. Like AS/NZS 4801, it is designed to harmonise with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 systems.
- ACC audits – depending on your level of compliance to your chosen scheme, either the ACC Partnership Programme or the ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices (WSMP) programme give your company the opportunity to qualify for discounts on your ACC levies.
- Telarc Q-Safe – our own health and safety certification programme for small-to-medium sized businesses. Builds on the Telarc Q-Base quality management system.
- Telarc Workplace Safety Code – a Code of Practice that provides small to medium sized enterprises with a model for their health and safety management systems. It is based on the AS/NZS 4801 Health and Safety Standard, and the Health & Safety in Employment Act, and goes some way towards meeting the requirements of the ACC WSMP audit standard.
Need more information?
See our information sheet Occupational Health and Safety Management.