NZS 7901:2008 Electricity & Gas Industries – Safety Management Systems for Public Safety (Electricity Safety Regulations 2010).
WHY IS NZS 7901 IMPORTANT?
- NZS 7901 is a Safety Management System for Public Safety that has been developed by the New Zealand Electricity and Gas supply industries.
- The Standard has been developed due to changes in legislation that requires all power generation, transmission and distribution companies to implement and maintain a Safety Management System (SMS) for public safety.
- NZS 7901 helps identify, through all practicable steps, the prevention of serious harm to members of the public or significant damage to property caused by assets relating to electricity generation, transmission and distribution or gas distribution networks, and the operation of them.
HOW CAN THE ELECTRICITY & GAS INDUSTRIES MANAGE PUBLIC SAFETY?
- Implementing NZS 7901 helps develop a system for identifying hazards & taking an approach to hazard control in the Electricity & Gas industries
- Putting NZS 7901 in place helps identify potential areas where serious harm or significant damage could be caused with the outcome of developing procedures to mitigate the risk
- Document and monitor performance to demonstrate the levels of safety achieved for members of the public
TELARC ARE HERE TO HELP
The Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010 requires the Safety Management System to be audited, by an accredited auditor. Telarc is the only accredited auditing body to provide audits against the 7901 standard.
Telarc worked closely with the Electricity Engineers Association and Gas Association of New Zealand to develop the audit tool for NZS 7901. This means we have the experience, expertise and qualified staff to ensure you are compliant well before the rapidly approaching deadline.
Time is short and we really need to be working together now to ensure a stress free process.
For more information contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 004 004